Borsch it’s a sour broth made of vegetables and used a lot in Romanian Jewish cuisine.
- 300g minced beef
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 potatoes
- 1 handful of rice (optional)
- 1 parsnip
- 1 pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- For the meatballs, take the minced meat, rice add salt paper and the 2 eggs.
- Mix all together.
- Finely chop all the vegetables, you will use about 1/2 a cup in total.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to the boil.
- Shape the mixture into round balls and drop them into the hot water. Add the rest of the vegetables and let it simmer for 1 hour with lid on.
- Add the tomato paste and the borsch. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes and add the parsley.
- Soup is ready to enjoy!